Saturday, October 30, 2010

Treadmill 5K

Today was the day - run the entire 5K distance (3.1 miles) on the treadmill.  Run.  I didn't have to be super speedy, just run the entire time.  AND I did it!! 


I finished it in 38:51.  I started at a moderate pace, increased the speed for mile 2 and a little more for mile 3.  Overall, I am very happy with it.  I cooled down, stretched and iced my ankles.  The race is in 2 weeks (yikes!).  Again, my goal is to finish, so I think I will make it.  I've been warned that there is a REALLY steep hill on the course...great! 

The next 2 weeks for me will be filled with mostly 1-2 mile runs, with two 5K distances thrown in there, one each week.  I'm also going to focus on getting rest and eating right so my body is at least prepared.  AND it might be cold, so I'm going to check into some cold gear so I'm not miserable.

We're off to a Halloween party...should be fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment