Wednesday, September 8, 2010

From golf to Benadryl...

Well, I made it home from my much needed get-away.  Tuesday brought a day of walking for my training plan (thank goodness...) and a day of golf.  We played at Ford's Colony on the Marsh Hawk course and it was beautiful.  I left my watch back at the place but hoped having Bill with me would be enough...have to remember the watch next time!!  No, I wasn't that terrible, but not quite as good as last week.

http://www.fordscolonycc.com/Golf/golf-course-marsh-hawk.cfm

We followed it up with dinner for 4 at Bonefish Grill.  It's always a safe choice for us - the bang bang shrimp and ahi tuna are the best!!

The ferry ride home beat the one on Sunday by miles (and hours!!).  I pulled up and was second in line on the Virginia side - a welcome sight.   Coming home to dogs that think you are just the best thing since sliced bread and they don't know how to live without you tends to make you smile too!!  But I have an itchy dog.  I'm not sure what his problem is, but my fabulous dog sitter and friend Erin told me he was chewing at his paws and legs since I've been gone.  The crazy dry weather that killed everything has passed and there is new grass growth...could be it??  Anyway, I decided to help him out and give him a dose of Benadryl.  It has the same effect on him that it does on me...


But at least he is relieved of the itchies...for now anyway.

Tonight brought torturous day 3 of week 2 and while it felt like lead weights tied to my legs getting on the treadmill, I felt great when I finished.


Now it's off to my weekly conference call...

I hope everyone had a great Wednesday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment