Monday, September 6, 2010

Ahhhh the wonderful summer sun...but I had to pay for it up front!

Today is day 1 of the second week of my new training program.  And it was hard!  Ok, some of you may think I am a wimp BUT not only did I have to up it to 2 minutes running with just a 1 minute walk break in between for 30 minutes...I did it outside!  A treadmill is MUCH more forgiving than curbs and hills and grass.  But, somehow I survived...barely.

Once I was finished though, a fabulous shower and the pool!  I think I spent just about every bit of today at the pool, just soaking in some down time...some much needed down time.


Tomorrow is a walk day...trying to muster up the energy to get through another one of those runs!  BUT, I made it and I feel very accomplished.  I know it's a very small step, but it's a step nonetheless.

1 comment:

  1. I really tried to start week 2 with you but after 6 minutes I had to go back to week 1 (run 1min, walk2 for 30). My calves and shins locked up on me so bad after the first 6 mins I didn't know if I could even walk. So unfortunatally I won't be able to do the training to the same extent as you but I am going to keep on going and trying to add some extra running in each day. You go girl. Mom

    ReplyDelete