Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Traffic in DC can be INSANE!!!

I'm not sure you really appreciate the commute you have until you find yourself in another that is WAY worse!!!  Some of you know that I drove over 2 hours each way to work for over 3 years (I know, you don't have to say anything!).  Traffic wasn't much of an issue, just a LONG way to get there.  I moved closer about 2 years ago so I was down to a 40 minute commute, which, in comparison, was a DREAM!!!  But, I went and made it one step better...I moved to Poolesville and now find myself with a 12 minute commute and , well, there are no words....  Now I do have to add to that wonderfulness that the price is that I would starve to death if I had to survive on the one small grocery store in town.  There is not much going on here.  In fact, I think I saw Aunt Bea the other day!!  But, back to the plus side...I have a fenced in yard...guess I should say THEY have a fenced in yard.


But today I was taken to a place I never want to call my commute...DC in rush hour traffic.  Wow, what a mess.  I know it's rough all the time, but it seemed as if everything that could be in the way of smoothly getting me home showed it's face today.  On the upside, I was at a conference at the National Harbor.  For those of you who have never been there, it is definitely worth visiting.

http://www.nationalharbor.com/consumer/consumer.htm


When I finally did find my way home, the boys and Emma were happy to see me (I'm the only one that can open the food bin).  I took care of them and jumped on the treadmill for day 3 of my new running program.  I was beat when I walked in the door, but that gave me the energy I needed to keep moving.  I know it's early, but I am really enjoying this!  My mom decided to join me in my running journey and when she first got on the treadmill tonight what I heard was, "there is no way I can do this."  But when she finished up, I got a call that was more along the lines of, "I did it, I did it, I did it!!"  Now that's what I LOVE to hear...go mom!!

I'm now off to prepare for my conference call tonight.  I'm going to talk about keeping the main thing the main thing, then evolving.  I hope everyone has a great night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment