Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Starting

A new year usually brings with it a feeling of starting over, starting again, getting back on the wagon, etc.  When I was thinking of my adventures into this new year, none of those seemed to fit.  They all seem to indicate that something went wrong, we failed somehow and now we are going to fix it.  Maybe so many people walk away from so called "New Year's Resolutions"  within a month or two because, well, no big deal, I'll give it a try again next year...eventually maybe it will stick. 

Everything we experience in life starts with our attitude about it.  Everything.  The same thing can happen to two different people and the feelings generated from it, the actions that take place as a result of it and the impact it has on their lives can be DRASTICALLY different.  The difference is in how we think.

My feeling for this year is one of STARTING. PERIOD.  Starting to put more effort into my relationships, starting to expand my business into divisions that have long existed only in my head, starting to consistently train for a 1/2 marathon, STARTING.  When deciding on how to design my 2011 (at least those things that are within my control of course), I wanted it to be "big picture", the creation of wholeness.  Now I know that might sound a bit cheesy, but it's what we really all strive for, it's what we all need in our lives...cheesy or not.

I spent New Year's Eve with a person I absolutely adore - my beautiful and wonderful sister - and Bob and the boys (those boys have just stolen my heart!!)




With a start like that....how could this new year be anything but amazing!!!

Stay tuned for a series on the specific areas and goals...hey, accountability is the secret to accomplishment!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment