Saturday, October 2, 2010

Levi and I are Running Partners!!

I always knew Levi loved the treadmill and of course he likes outside walks and runs, but he has jumped the obsession line!  Since tomorrow is a rest day in week 1 (yep, that's right, started over in week 1, remember?), I guess I can officially say I made it through.  Levi has joined me a little this week, but the last 2 days he has taken on the commitment.

He jumps on and takes off and goes the ENTIRE 40 minutes (5 min warm-up, 30 min plan and 5 min cool down).  He starts to pant a little at ~ 25 minutes, but he is such a trooper.  Even when I'm done, and I'm stretching, he sits and waits JUST IN CASE I might decide to hop back on.

What impresses me most is that he adjusts and changes his speed when I increase and decrease the speed of the treadmill to alternate between walking and running.  A few times he thought we were done when I backed it down to walk, but when he got to the back of the treadmill and realized it was still moving, he worked his front feet a few strides and then hopped right back up there!!


Of course he blinked with the flash :-)

I hope everyone enjoys this BEAUTIFUL day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment