Friday, October 8, 2010

Happy Friday

The week is coming to a close...is it just me or did this week seem to take FOREVER!!

So, I have a question.  One of my snuggly little brown friends (I won't mention any names)


continues to eat poop!  YUCK!  I've heard several things.  I know if there is something missing in their diet they will do that (but they all get the same nutritionally balanced diet PLUS vitamins PLUS antioxidants PLUS some veggies PLUS Omega III!!!) And he's the only one that does it.  I've also heard they could resort to that if they are bored (sometimes 'only dogs' do it when they have limited people interaction).  Mine are crazy, they always play, always attack each other.  I don't think he is bored (although that may be it during the day when he eats my rug....but I think that's anxiety - those of you that have met him know he is very special and has some, what shall I call them, ISSUES.  MAJOR ISSUES.  Anyway, I digress. 

I don't want to resort to having to follow them around and pick up every time they go (mainly because I am lazy and like picking up the yard 2-3 times a week instead of 2-3 times a day and I HATE the cold so the fenced yard is such a blessing to have this winter!!).  I want to find a way to make him not like it anymore before I give in and resort to just not caring anymore (very close to this right now).

I have heard putting hot sauce on the poop makes it undesirable (like it's not already????? and if I'm going out there with the hot sauce, I'm just going to pick up the poop!!!).  I have also heard that feeding them a few pieces of fresh pineapple or a few spoons of canned pumpkin daily will make it less yummy (again...really?  but ok, I'm not a dog so I won't judge).

I'm going to try these...just curious if anyone has tried them or if there are any other suggestions out there?

2 comments:

  1. I've tried the hot sauce and it just made Levi's sister Jade like it more. Go figure!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard pineapple should work. If not, there's a product called "Deter" that you can buy from a pet store and sprinkle on his food. Gross habit, but so common!

    ReplyDelete