Monday, September 27, 2010

Starting Over

Today is Day 1 of Week 1 of my new running training program...is it Ground Hog Day??????

So, today I started over.  I feel sooo much better AND no ankle pain.  It's a really light week, but a do-over.  I realized tonight as I was running that not running really had me down, SO injury prevention is #1!  Since I moved here, the dogs have just waited for me at the top of the steps, not really sure what I was doing downstairs (treadmill) and too nervous to come check it out.  I'm not sure what changed, but Levi felt inspired to leap the step foil (yes I actually put aluminum foil on my steps to deter the dogs from approaching the front door!) and come check it out - it's like he saw a pot of gold!!  He has always liked joining me on the treadmill, so since I was already started, this is what I  had to look at the whole time:


So, I caved and let him join me for the cool down.  Here he is in action - I have to apologize for the poor quality of the pictures, but trying to take pictures and not FALL OFF is quite a  challenge!!


I finished up and was stretching when I noticed Levi still over by the treadmill:



He is waiting to go again - how pathetic is he!!  He LOVES it!!


On another completely unrelated note, it was rainy here all day today and when I got home this afternoon I noticed an odd pattern in my flower bed (don't comment on all the weeds - FREE mulch always has a catch!!!!)


If anyone has ANY idea what in the world does that, I would be very appreciative of the input!  Here is a close-up:


WHAT IS IT????  It looks like something hid from the rain in there.  Maybe I should be scared???

Ok, that was a completely random thought, but it is such a mystery to me!

I hope everyone has a fantastic night of sleep!!!

1 comment: