Thursday, September 23, 2010

A Food Story

I mentioned a week or so ago that I would be concentrating on making more concentrated food choices since giving up the farm animals... So, today I thought I'd share. 
My dinner last night - chile lime salmon, asparagus, spinach, brussel sprouts, mushrooms and carrots sauteed in olive oil and, of course, fruit!  Took a few dollars and 20 minutes...

Voila!




This morning I went for the bowl of fun (ok, I just called it that to make it sound great!!).  It was Greek yogurt, oats, strawberries, raspberries and a drizzle of maple syrup...yum! 


I think the BIGGEST key to food (other than whole foods, which most of you know I'm a pretty big pusher of) is variety.  I have talked to so many people that have gotten into ruts.  We need easy food (and not 2 minute in the microwave easy, you have to commit a LITTLE more time than that to your health - and food is  one of the two HUGE components of your health), we need healthy food and we need variety.  So, I will share along the way my adventure.  Some things I will post recipes for, some not.  But, if there is a specific meal you are interested in knowing more about, just let me know and I'll pass it on.  :-)

I am starting something new tonight that I am VERY excited about....I'll fill you in later!

1 comment: